Saturday, June 28, 2014

What A Difference A Year Makes

June 28, 2013

One year.

We've lived here one year today. Admittedly, Kevin has been here much longer, but we have been here together as a family for a year!

At times, time dragged. At others, it flew.

I can hardly grasp it's been a WHOLE YEAR!

I remember pulling into Williston, North Dakota and feeling thrills of excitement and also apprehension. 
Could we make it here?
Will we survive the winter?
Would we be okay without our extended family?
Would the boys make friends?
Would I make friends??

The answer:

YES!!!!!!

We made it through the winter. It was cold, cold enough at times for ice to build up inside our house. But we made it!

We've made so many great friends; ones that have rallied around us in times of struggle, times of worry, and times of need. They've become our family.

We have become active in the Church again. I'm grateful my children are going to church, learning and growing, and Kyan is eagerly awaiting his baptism when he turns 8 in October. That alone is worth the move.

People had varying reactions when we spread the word we were pulling up stakes and heading to ND.
"You will HATE it there."
"There's nothing to do up there."
"It's too cold to live up there." (These people may have had a valid argument...)
"You are better off getting a divorce and letting Kevin go up there alone."

Well, guess what?
We're together.
We've grown closer.
And I would do it all over again!!

I started this journey with a mantra:
It will be what we make of it.
I've stood by this and repeated it to many.

We won't live here forever and probably won't retire here,
but we have made it home.

June 28, 2014





2 comments :

  1. Time flies, even in North Dakota :) I agree with you - I wouldn't do it differently either. So many blessings in such an unsuspecting place, huh!? So glad you moved here so I got to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I feel blessings come in many disguises. I cannot tell you how good this move has been for my soul, and my family. And people like you are a huge reason why we've made it home!

      Delete