Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tucker's Fifth Birthday!

My middle child is five. I'm blown away. Five wonderful, amazing, precious years with the boy who hold the middle piece of my heart!

Tucker Douglas Hiatt~June 25, 2009~6 lbs 4.8 oz~19 in. He came three weeks early.

Tucker decided he wanted rainbow pancakes for his birthday breakfast. Mommy doesn't have squeeze bottles for batter (that will be quickly remedied!) so this was the best result. His five year old heart was satisfied!






We have such amazing friends here! Nikki text me to see if we'd be home. She and her kids brought a box of donuts and a 5 shaped candle for a mini-celebration for Tucker. He was thrilled!

From left: Davis, Tess, Tucker, Kyan, Collin, Kyan's friend Cash, and Nikki
We made plans to meet our friends the Merkleys to go bowling. The bowling alley here participates in the summer program Kids Bowl Free. You sign up your kids and they can bowl two free games daily during the summer! Sweet deal. I am sad to say this is the only time we went. Next summer, we will bowl more!








Books and money from Grandma Kirk
Skylanders alarm clock from his brothers
This face!
A few days later, we had a little party for my Tucker. We just had pin the tail on the donkey, a Mario Kart tournament on the Game Cube, and tons of stick-on tattoos. Of course no party is complete without cake!






Nikki giving Collin a hard-core throat tat!


Jaxon, Davis, and Edison playing Mario Kart
Tucker and his cute friend Isaac from preschool
Beyond excited that the McBrides gave him Skylanders!

The Merkleys gave him a MILLION Airheads. They are Tucker's favorite candy. He got a bunch of fun stuff.

Tucker's little party was fun, easy, and mellow. Proof kids don't really care how fancy a party is as long as they get friends and sugar! Plus you get to wear a really sweet balloon hat after everyone leaves. :)


I love this kid. He is sweet, thoughtful, funny, friendly, and so intelligent he blows me away at times. I'm so grateful I get to be his mother. Here's to many, many more happy birthdays, Doodlebug!


2 comments :

  1. Looks like a way fun birthday and party! AWESOMEwork on the cake! I'm learning so much about being a cool mom up here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was fun. The cake was also pretty neat to make! I had a secret weapon that made it a little easier. :)

      Delete