Friday, June 13, 2014

Strawberries!

I love strawberries. They have been extra super good this year, it seems. 


Our fridge is always stocked with them. We've had them almost every meal...well, Jaxon and I have, at least.

Classic breakfast.


Fruit and cookie platter with cheesecake dip for a girl's night. It was delish!



I love that Jaxon helps himself to such a healthy snack!

So yummy, Mom!

The size of some of these berries has been ridiculous but so sweet and juicy.

I have been adding them to my lunch and dinner salads, too. Adds just the perfect amount of sweetness, plus tons of extra vitamin C! These were all right around 300-350 calories, too.




One of my favorite ways to eat strawberries lately is for lunch or dinner using plain Greek yogurt, a touch of honey, berries, protein granola, and chia seeds. If I've eaten a bit heavily throughout the rest of the day, this is my go-to for something lighter. It's still super filling but healthy and right around 400 calories.



Found this little gem at a Flying J truck stop in Billings....


....Yes, it was as good as it looks!

How do you like your berries? :)


1 comment :

  1. mmmmm these look so delicious!!! Love all the ways you use them too!

    ReplyDelete