Thursday, August 7, 2014

Utah Trip: Summer 2014: Fun with the Hiatts!

Even on trips where Kevin can't make it, I always make sure to try and divide our time evenly between both our families. He was supposed to take two weeks off and fly down to meet us around this time, but work went nuts and he was asked to stay. Huge bummer but that didn't change our plans. We headed over to Grandma Hiatt's and settled in.

Lots of beds, but couldn't talk them out of sharing!

Cousin time at the splash park!




Kyan and Tyson are best buds and Ky really misses him!


My nieces Harley and Jazlyn



Jazzy and Sadey


The ice cream truck rolled around at Grandma Hiatt's, too!


We can always count on Devin to grill us some yummy steaks and potatoes. Kev was bummed he missed out.

Had to hit up Kyan's favorite Chinese buffet. Tucker insisted his dragon was hungry. He didn't eat much.

Kev set my sis on a secret mission and she set up appointments for me to get a mani and pedi for the wedding. It was awesome and I went ALONE. Heaven.




Devin, Julie, and I took the kids to see Planes; Fire and Rescue. Good times!


Puzzles with Great-Grandma Snow. She lives with Kevin's mom and we are always happy to spend time with her!


My in-laws have a hot tub and that's always a hit. Ky got in alone and practiced his "swimming" moves.

We went to the Pioneer Day breakfast and parade with all the cousins. It made me miss Utah!




Zombie cousins.



Uintah U'ettes Drill Team

Parade swag rocks.



Wouldn't be a Vernal parade without lots o' farm equipment!

We spent a lot of time playing in Grandma's backyard on the "park." We (still) don't have grass in the ND yard so the boys were loving it. 

I'd mentioned to my MIL that we had mixed up ice cream at my sister's so we did it again!



Ready for some ice cream!



Grandma got the tape out!

A few days before my brother's wedding, my MIL asked me to pencil her in for lunch the day of the rehearsal. I said ok and we met up at Club XS around noon. The boys and I walked in and saw Kevin sitting at the table with his parents and brother. There was a lot of screaming and running and hugs! He was able to fly in for the rehearsal and wedding and didn't tell me but asked his mom to keep the secret. She did a great job! He only stayed about 48 hours but made it for the important stuff so that's all that mattered! 

We stayed with the in-laws for a few more days after the wedding. They loaded us up with a cooler full of home-grown beef and sent us on our way back to ND. They rock!

No comments :

Post a Comment