Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Back to School 2014

I found out the boys were being switched to a different school while I was in Utah for vacation. Seriously, like three weeks before school started and I had already been purchasing items off of Garden Valley School's list of school supplies, I got a phone call from the guy in charge of bussing letting me know our neighborhood was being moved to Round Prairie School....45 minutes or so away from our house, literally almost in Montana (my cell phone reverts to Mountain Standard Time whenever I drive out to the school.) Quite a change from being 10-15 minutes away from Garden Valley School...but I digress. We gathered supplies for the new school and made ready for the first day!

We got a call from the bus driver, Paula, who is from Logan, Utah, letting us know that the boys would be picked up at...7:05 AM. I'll say that again. 7:05 AM!!! So early for a kindergartner and second grader, but necessary since school begins at 8 AM and it's a bit of a drive. She's very nice and the boys love her.


Kyan is in second grade. His teacher is Ms. Dempsey. He's a whiz at math, a great speller, and has only recently really begun to enjoy to read. Maybe he is my child, after all... :)


Tucker is in kindergarten. His teacher is Mrs. Butler. He loves school so much. He is also a number genius, his handwriting has improved immensely, and he told me he gets smarter every day the second he steps onto the school bus.




I cannot begin to describe how excited Tucker was to ride the bus. He's been waiting years for this!

I was also excited to get back in the habit of school lunch making!! We'll see if I can keep the creativity alive with two lunches to make this year. Tucker is extremely picky and stubborn about what he eats so it is a challenge.

Their little prairie school:


So far, the year is going great! Let's hope it continues that way! :)







2 comments :

  1. Tucker just might have the cutest smile ever. For real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it!! He has always been my happiest child. :)

      Delete