Friday, August 8, 2014

John and Jessica: The Wedding Rehearsal

John and Jessica's wedding: rehearsal day! We were all pretty stoked. My sis had come down from Logan and the kids were having a ball together again. 

We set up a salon in the dining room and everyone's nails got painted for the occasion.





My bro-in-law Mark made a great supervisor.

We finally loaded up and headed to the wedding location for rehearsal. Of course we did our Kirk duty and never let things get too serious. :)

Tucker learnin' the ropes for the real thing!

The bride-to-be!
My bro and one of his groomsmen, Eli.


Time to get serious!

Jess lining everyone out.

My niece Hanna practicing her flower girl duties. She actually looked up for the real thing. :)
Jess and her dad
Skipping down the aisle!
Cam standing in for mom
Once the rehearsal was finished, we drove to a park not far away for the rehearsal dinner my parents were hosting. I insisted on a sibling photo. I love these pictures but am always acutely aware that one of us is missing. Love ya, Richard.
Raymond, me, John, and Camille
This is a more typical photo!


My sis seemed to be the only one who could get Jax to smile that weekend....she needs to come live with me!
Sampling the homemade root beer
My mom decided on the theme the simpler, the better. We rented tablecloths from Kevin's mom's business, my mom made the flower jars, and she got the dinner catered. Dutch oven dinner, mmm! They served BBQ boneless pork ribs, chicken, cheesy potatoes, salad, rolls, and peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Delish!





The betrothed!
My mom asked Kev to make a speech and he said some very nice things about my brother and Jess.

My mom went next and made us all cry.



I thought the rehearsal was great and the evening was a hit! 


Next step: I DO!!
John and Jess

No comments :

Post a Comment