Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Utah Trip: Summer 2014: Fun with the Kirks!

We loaded up the car in Logan and drove down through SLC so I could drop my rings off at the jeweler for an inspection, replating, and cleaning. We pulled into my mom's and not five minutes later we heard the ice cream truck! Score!


Grandma has a small storage room off the kitchen and it's home to lots of toys. The tea set is a favorite.



The boys were happy to be there over July 24 which means parades and fireworks in Utah! We only got some sparklers but they were pretty happy with those.







My rings were super shiny and sparkly once I got them back!

Childproof cap? Could have fooled me...

Kyan decided on this trip that he was way too big for happy meals and now orders adult-sized meals when we eat out.

I am the least-accomplished seamstress on the planet. I don't even like to sew buttons back on clothing and that's fairly easy. My friend Beca was pregnant with a girl and due at the end of the summer and I was determined to make a receiving blanket....the most daring item in my sewing repertoire. It only turned out this nice because my mom was there every "stitch" of the way!

P.S. Beca said she loved it, but I think she was just being kind.

Kevin and I had been discussing trading in the Tucson for quite awhile. It was a great car, lots of upgrades, and pretty much brand-spanking new, but we were packed in like sardines, especially on long trips like these. We had researched and researched and researched some more, and we were pretty sure we wanted a GMC Yukon XL. We priced a LOT of them up here in ND but it always turned out to be more than we wanted to pay, or we wouldn't get what we needed on our trade, or it was a color we didn't want to settle on....etc. Just for fun I started browsing while I was in Vernal and found one listed at the right price. I took a test drive and just for fun I had the dealership run the numbers for me and was more than pleasantly surprised at the outcome. Kev gave me the go-ahead and I ended up with the car I had been coveting! It is older than the Tucson but still just as nice and we are MUCH more comfortable on the road.

Vernal trips always include a trip to Cafe Rio with awesome friends! I met Jenny and Beca for dinner and then we went to Beca's and chatted for a few hours. I love catching up with old friends!




Getting sick on vacations and trips: the bane of my existence. Jaxon had pneumonia in Vernal a month before, and now Tucker had strep. Again. Really?!



We spent a lot of time at mom's just playing on the trampoline, running through the sprinklers, playing games, and watching movies. It was super duper fun! After a week there, we packed up our things for the third (!) time and headed over the Kev's moms for some more fun!

No comments :

Post a Comment