Saturday, July 26, 2014

Jessica's Bridal Shower

My mom, sister, and I decided to throw a bridal shower for Jessica, my brother John's fiance. My mom sent out the invitations to the aunts, cousins, and grandmas and basically left the rest of the planning up to me and my sis, Cam! We settled on a "time of day" theme. My mom assigned each guest a time of day to find a gift for; 6 AM, breakfast, 12 PM, lunch, etc. So fun!



My brilliant sister suggested we have an assortment of favors instead of just one so we shopped and shopped and decided on four different items in multiples of five so guests could choose what they liked: hand soap, mini Bath and Body Works candles, cute little magnetic notepads with a pen, and trendy little glass milk jars filled with Hershey's Kisses, Hugs, and Dove Promises; perfect wedding candy! Cam and I made the tags with inexpensive little cardboard tags, Sharpies, and twine from Michael's. What I wouldn't give for a store like that in Williston...



We played a Candy Match game, a "What's in Your Purse?" game, and a questionairre about Jessica.

Game prizes.
We served a light luncheon of fresh fruit salad, homemade chicken salad on croissants, homemade brownies and lemon bars and kept the decor simple...aka...we used Mom's beautiful house and got some balloons. In retrospect, I wish I would have decorated more but oh, well.
This punch was fabulous! The recipe can be found here!







Opening the gift from me. I got 6 AM so I gave her the cutest white espresso cup set for four, a box of her favorite coffee for her Keurig, and a cute little coffee hand towel. Should have taken a pic but forgot!

My Aunt Becky, Aunt Cindy, and my cousin Chelsee

My mom assigned herself 10 PM. She gave Jessica pillows, lovely vintage pillowcases of her grandmother's and lingerie, of course!

My Grandma Huber, Aunt Cristy, my mom, Aunt Paula

That's the shower. It was a simple, fun, and light-hearted way for Jessica to meet more of John's female relatives and vice versa! Totally excited to have another sister!

3 comments :

  1. I loved everything about it! Thanks again, and I loooove having TWO sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best new sister ever!! And I love the pic of Ma with her sisters and Grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super nice bash!! I am in love with this gorgeous bridal shower. My cousin is going to get married at prettiest destination LA event venues and I also organized a surprise shower for her. Used rainbow theme for this and everyone enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete