Friday, November 21, 2014

The Great Pumpkin Obsession of 2014

Pumpkin.

I have always loved pumpkin, but for some reason, that love bordered on the obsessive this year.

It.
 Was.
BAD.

But so, so GOOD!

At first it was an experiment to see how many ways I could use pumpkin. After all, it's really good for you, besides being yummy. We had pies, cupcakes, oatmeal (a personal favorite of mine and Kyan), smoothies, pancakes, waffles, French toast, muffins...I could go on and on.
Delicious pumpkin muffins with a cinnamon-sugar sprinkle. Recipe here.
Pumpkin oatmeal smoothie was a great, healthy lunch.
Here's the recipe I used for the smoothie, if anyone wants it: 
Freeze 1/3 cup pumpkin puree overnight. Add 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, splash of vanilla, 1/2-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, and enough unsweetened almond milk to blend to the consistency of your choice. You could also use regular yogurt but I adore Greek. It was so yummy and so filling!

I stirred in pumpkin wherever I could. I put some in a regular French toast recipe and even my fruit and veggie-phobic Tucker gobbled it down (I just didn't tell him there was something--GASP--healthy in it!)

Things started getting out of control when all the pumkiny goodness hit store shelves. I mean, pumpkin yogurt? Pumpkin pie toaster strudels?! 

And it just kept happening. I was a woman on a mission: buy all the pumpkin things!
That pumpkin Chobani was heaven!
I even convinced Jaxon and Kyan to have pumpkin parties for their birthdays! We painted pumpkins and they had pumpkin themed snacks and pumpkin cupcakes. I blogged about their parties here and here. It turned out really fun though, and they didn't complain.
Mini pumpkins ready to be painted.
Pumpkin party snacks
There came a day when Kevin was looking in the fridge after a shopping spree gone pumpkin and just gave me that look...you know, the one that your significant other gives you when he thinks you've gone nuts?

 Yeah, that look. 

Plus, I sent some pumpkin Chobani to work with a friend and a sackful home with another friend because I needed more room in my fridge...for more pumpkin-laced contraband. 

People, I needed help!
 I was a woman OBSESSED!

I vowed to jump off the pumpkin bandwagon.....
....or maybe just stand on the running board!

No comments :

Post a Comment