Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Happy Birthday, Richard

You would have been 25 today. I still remember how amazing the Christmas of 1988 was. We got a new baby brother for Christmas--born at home, nonetheless!! Now, a piece of Christmas always seems like it's missing. Every song I hear that I know you'd love, every funny thing Kyan says that I know you'd laugh over, every milestone my boys achieve, I always find myself wishing I could call you to tell you.

Richard, I know you haven't forgotten us, and we haven't forgotten you.

When I'm Gone

When I come to the end of my journey
And I travel my last weary mile,
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile.

Forget unkind words I have spoken;
Remember some good I have done,
Forget that I ever had a heartache
And remember I've had loads of fun.

Forget that I have stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought
Some hard battles and won,
Ere the close of the day,

Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay

And come in the evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west,
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best.


I miss and love you with all of my heart, Richard, until we meet again.

Richard Gene Kirk 12/25/1988-7/9/2008








No comments :

Post a Comment